Letter of Invitation to ICBEST 2020

Canada may require visitors from some countries to get an invitation letter for visa purpose. For those who require a “letter of invitation” to ICBEST 2020, please contact nrc.icbest-cisteb.cnrc@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca .

Requirements for International Visitors entering Canada

Persons visiting from countries other than the United States must have a valid passport and may require other documentation such as visas. Check with the nearest Canadian Consulate well in advance of travel.
For United States travelers, please visit the American Citizens entering Canada website to ensure your medical insurance covers you while traveling outside the United States.

Submission of Applications

Canada does not have a visa office in every country so it is important that delegates visit the website of the Canadian visa office responsible for processing their visa application. Information is available on the website on how to submit a visa application and the documentation required.
Processing times for visa applications vary depending on the visa office and the time of the year. Participants are encouraged to apply approximately 12 weeks in advance of their departure date to ensure they receive the visa in time.

Electronic Applications (e-Apps) Submission at a Visa Application Centre (VAC)
(In person or by mail)
• This system allows clients to submit applications online. • VACs are commercial service providers authorized by Canada to provide specific services to applicants.
• Delegates that choose to apply on-line will not have to submit their passport until requested to do so by a visa officer. • VACs provide a number of services to clients, including help applicants fill out forms, answer questions and ensure that applications are complete.
• The visa office will send the applicant instructions on how and where to send their passports to finalize the visa process. • Reduces unnecessary delays or refusals due to incomplete applications.
• VACs serve as a collection point for applicants required to provide a biometric.
• VACs send applications to visa offices and transmit decisions to applicants in a secure and confidential manner.
• VACs do not process visa applications and have no decision-making authority.

Entering Canada with DUI offenses

For more information, please see visit the Canadian Government website.

VISA Applications for International Delegates

Individuals from any countries listed on the Citizen and Immigration Canada website will require a VISA to enter Canada and attend a conference.
Countries requiring VISA
How to apply for VISA
Processing Times
How to apply for a “Temporary Resident Visa”

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid visa.
Entry requirements for other methods of travel (land, sea) have not changed. Don’t wait until the last minute – apply NOW for an eTA.
You do not need an eTA if you are a Canadian Citizen or Canadian permanent resident or if you are a U.S. citizen. (However, lawful US permanent residents of the U.S. need an eTA if travelling by air.)
Do you need an eTA?
Learn about eTAs in your own language
Apply online for your eTA
• Need-to-know-video

NEW – Biometrics (Global Expansion)

Depending on your nationality, you may be required to give your biometrics: • Starting July 31, 2018 the biometric requirement becomes mandatory for nationals of Europe, Middle East and Africa, and • Starting December 31, 2018 the biometric requirement becomes mandatory for nationals of Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas. For additional information on whether or not you require a biometric, please refer to our fast facts about Biometrics.